|Course Name: ||Spotter|
|This course is designed to develop competency in the tasks of observing and warning personnel operating mobile plant and equipment against unsafe approach to overhead and underground power lines and other electrical equipment.|
|Course Code: ||22325VIC|
|Course Duration: ||8 hours|
This course provides initial training in accordance with the requirements of Energy Safe Victoria who are the regulating authority in issuing all Spotter Registration Certificate Cards, and Worksafe Victoria.
This unit will be assessed off the job. Assessment will be sufficiently rigorous to cover all aspects of expected workplace performance, including task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills and job role environment skills.
The following points characterise the best practice assessment that are applied by Connect People Training:
- Evidence is gathered using either verbal or written questions - Assessment methods includes Multi Choice Questions to allow the student to demonstrate both their underpinning skills and knowledge
- Evidence is gathered in the holistic performance of the student during the training session to reflect skills required.
|Entry Requirements: |
- Participants must be competent in written and spoken English
- Proof of identity
- Minimum 18 years of age
- A current Certificate of competency in operation of the plant they are spotting for, or a valid Worksafe Victoria card for Rigger(RI) / Dogman (DG)
- Current First Aid Certificate, and
- A current CPR Certificate
|Qualification Requirements: |