|Course Name: ||Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations|
|This qualification reflects the role of a skilled operator working with Civil construction plant, who applies a broad range of skills in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.|
|Course Code: ||RII30815|
|Course Duration: ||The Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operation is delivered on the job over an approximate duration of 48 weeks.|
This program is designed for people who are seeking the skills and knowledge to work as a skilled operator in civil construction. Students will apply a broad range of skills in a varied work context, using some discretion, judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. Successful individuals may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
The units of competency in this certificate will be assessed both in workplace and classroom-based environments as per the Assessment Strategy below for each unit. Assessment tools have been mapped to ensure they are sufficiently rigorous to cover all aspects of the unit - including task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills and job role environment skills.
The expected commitment from students participating in this qualification includes:
368 hours of trainer lead learning:
• Trainers deliver 96 hours facilitated training on the job in an area provided by the employer. your will have access to the trainer on site 1 day per fortnight for a period of 4 hours over 44 week
• Access to the trainer via email phone or text, 4 hours per week for the over 44 weeks
• You will participate in supervised on the job training 96 hours. 1 day per month for 48 weeks working under the supervision of a competent person
On the Job:
• You will record the time spent operating machinery and performing other practical training tasks (under the direct supervision of a competent person) using a Record of Training Log Book.
• You will complete self-paced workbooks for each unit
• You will utilise a Record of Training Log Book to demonstrate a minimum of 492 hours operating machinery under the supervision of a competent person.
|Entry Requirements: |
The program is suitable for students who may or may not have civil construction industry experience. Candidates would be required to be fit and able to operate machinery.
|Qualification Requirements: |